- Garbage is picked up two days a week. For street listing and days that your garbage is picked-up, CLICK HERE.
- Bulk trash is picked up on your second garbage day. All bulk trash must be at the curbside.
- The first day of pick up is for household garbage. The second day is for Household garbage and bulk trash.
- Recycling is picked up CURBSIDE every Wednesday. Recycling must be curbside by 6:00am to insure pick up. CLICK HERE FOR FULL DETAILS.
Acceptable Paper Recyclables:
- Office, Notebook and Construction paper, ledger and envelope of all colors
- Computer, Fax and Photo Copy Paper of all colors
- Newspaper and Inserts
- Glossy Magazines and catalogs
- Soft Covered workbooks, telephone books and paperback books
- smooth cardboard and corrugated cardboard
- Brown Grocery Bags and kraft paper
Unacceptable Paper Items:
- Paper soiled with grease, paint, etc.
- Wax-coated paper
- paper cups
- Tissues, napkins and paper towels
- Paper items with layers or plastic or foil
- Hard covered books (remove covers and recycle inside)
Acceptable Container Recyclables:
- Green, clear and brown glass bottles and jars
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum Foil and disposable aluminum products
- Metal cans and aerosol cans
- Plastic containers with a recycling code 1-7
- Milk and Juice cartons
- Juice boxes
Unacceptable Container Items:
- Pots, pans, bowls, utensils & other cookware
- Ceramic and china dinnerware
- Plastics buckets, tubs, garden planters, baskets and recycling bins
- Containers that held hazardous material (oil, antifreeze, pool and yard chemical, spackle, paint, etc.)
- Plastic Bags
- Light Bulbs
- Metal/Plastic Hangers
Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collection:
- Hazardous waste and electronics may be dropped off at the Rockland Solid Waste Authority at Fire Training Center in Pomona.
- For schedule of collection days call 845-364-2444.
Acceptable Hazardous Waste:
- Oil and latex paint and paint products
- Pesticides, herbicides and fungicides
- Household cleaners
- Pool chemicals
- Driveway sealers
- 20 lb BBQ propane tanks
- Motor oil and oil filters
- Computer, televisions electronic equipment
- Empty containers
- Compressed gas tanks (i.e. oxygen, acetylene tanks)
- Construction material
- Medical, biological or pharmaceutical waste
- Microwaves, air conditioners, kitchen appliances, hand tools and vacuum cleaners